Use of services by Frederick Massage Therapy (hereinafter “FMT”) constitutes your agreement to the policies contained herein.
- Satisfaction Guarantee and Refunds
- Legal disclaimer
- Business transitions
- Gift certificates
All client notes and records are confidential and will not be disclosed except where required by law. Information will only be shared with other health care providers for consultation or coordination of care (with your consent), or with agencies involved in payment / reimbursement (as warranted), the sending of emails and texts pertaining to scheduled appointments or our email newsletter. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes, nor will we give them permission to do so. See also Business Transitions below.
If you have subscribed to our blog/newsletter, participated in a promotional event or provided us with your contact information by other means, please rest assured that your personally identifying information will never be sold or disclosed to any parties outside of Frederick Massage Therapy, LLC, except as described above or where required by law.
If you need to cancel a scheduled appointment, kindly give at least 24 hours advance notice via phone or text to (240) 487-9387 (no emails, please). The massage therapist has reserved your appointment time for you and often cannot fill appointments within 24 hours of the scheduled time. If you are unable to make your appointment within those 24 hours, you are welcome to find someone to take your place at the same day, time and appointment duration. Failure to give appropriate cancellation notice may result in you being billed for the appointment in full. If a gift certificate is being used as payment for an appointment and proper cancellation notice is not given, the gift certificate will be considered null and void.
For the first late cancellation for any reason, a late cancellation fee (minimum of $40 and up to the full appointment fee) will be applied, no exceptions. Upon a second occurrence or thereafter, the full appointment fee will be due, payable immediately.
If you find yourself sick the day of your session, please contact FMT immediately to reschedule. If we find your are sick when you arrive, we will have no choice but to reschedule your appointment. (Unlike many other professions, massage therapists cannot work when sick and only get paid when we are able to work.) Please do not abuse this policy, FMT offers this exception only if you really are sick. FMT reserves the right to request proof of illness, such a note from your doctor or hospital. If proof is not provided when requested, the appointment fee is due in full, payable immediately.
Please be on time for your appointment. In fact, being 10 minutes early will give you time to fill out any paperwork not completed online, prior to your first session. Being early also allows you to become more calm as you prepare for your session. Being hurried as you travel to your appointment adds tension. Give the effectiveness of your session a boost by allowing yourself plenty of time to arrive.
In many cases circumstances are such that your massage therapist cannot work past the end-time of your session, due to clients scheduled after you or other obligations. Your massage therapist will wait 15 minutes past your start time (and try to contact you) before you are considered a no-show (see below). Please call FMT if you’re running late and want your massage therapist to wait.
If you fail to show for a scheduled appointment, you may be billed for the appointment in full. If a gift certificate is being used as payment for an appointment and proper cancellation notice is not given, the gift certificate will be considered null and void at FMT’s discretion.
If your massage therapist fails to show for a scheduled appointment, you will be credited the full appointment fee towards your next session.
Payment is due in full when services are rendered or goods are purchased. Cash, valid check with the date of service (no post-dated checks, please) and credit cards accepted, or payment by valid gift certificate where applicable. Per MD law, bounced/returned checks can garner a bounced check fee plus an amount up to two times the value of the original bounced check, not to exceed $1000. FMT will charge the standard Maryland fee plus the bad check return fee charged by FMT’s bank, at minimum. Upon occurrence, the client will be billed for these fees in addition to the original check amount. Failure to remit appropriate remuneration (cash, certified check or money order) within 10 days will result in a filing of an Application for Charges with the Maryland courts. FMT reserves the right to charge a higher bounced check fee if a client repeatedly issues bad checks.
FMT wants you to be happy with the treatment you are receiving. If, during the first 30 minutes of your hands-on massage treatment, you find you’re not happy with the therapy you’re receiving, it is your responsibility to speak up and say you want to stop the massage. Your therapist will end the session and you will not be charged.
For completed services or services that continue beyond the 30 minute Satisfaction Guarantee, the session fee will be due in full. No full or partial refunds will be given for prepaid or paid services that do not meet this provision.
FMT performs massage and bodywork in a safe and ethical manner, adhering to clear boundaries and proper conduct as outlined by the Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP), the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) and the State of Maryland. FMT offers strictly professional massage and bodywork. Proper draping (a sheet) will be used throughout the session. Inappropriate language or behavior will not be tolerated and will result in immediate termination of treatment with full payment required.
Massage therapists are not doctors and cannot legally diagnose; please see your physician about any serious health issues.
Children receiving treatment: Children under the age of 18 are required to have a parent or guardian sign the health intake form. The parent or guardian must be present in the therapy room for each appointment.
Clients who wish to bring children along for their session: Children must be well behaved and be able to quietly self entertain during the session. For your child’s safety, children 7-17 will have to remain in the treatment room with you as our waiting room is unsupervised. Please no food or drinks, as spills and messes often occur. We have water available. For children under 7, please make arrangements for child care.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may disclose personal information when required by law or under the good-faith belief that such action is necessary under applicable law. We may disclose personal information in order to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We also share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, to protect our property or interests or that of our agents and employees, and to protect personal safety or the public.
These Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions (hereinafter “GC Terms and Conditions”) govern the purchase and redemption of gift certificates purchased at Frederick Massage Therapy (hereinafter “FMT”) in Frederick, MD or through FrederickMassageTherapy.com or TheGiftCardCafe.com. The purchaser and gift recipient agree to abide by these GC Terms and Conditions.
- FMT gift certificates may only be purchased from FMT or through FrederickMassageTherapy.com and TheGiftCardCafe.com.
- Gift certificates are invalid until payment has been received and successfully processed.
- FMT reserves the right to refuse service or reverse any gift certificate purchase for any reason and return the unused funds to the purchaser.
- Gift certificates are only redeemable through Frederick Massage Therapy in Maryland.
- Gift certificates may be redeemed for the amount or service specified on the gift certificate, by the expiration date. FMT reserves the right to convert service-based gift certificates to the cash value that was paid for the gift certificate, at its option and sole discretion.
- Gift certificates may not be redeemed by the purchaser.
- Gift certificates are valid only if the correct activation code is present on the gift certificate when it is redeemed.
- The FMT Policies apply to gift certificate use and redemption.
- Gift certificates cannot be broken into shorter sessions.
- Gift certificates are non-refundable and are not redeemable for cash.
- Gift certificates cannot be used to purchase gift certificates.
- Any unused balance of the gift certificate will remain until the original expiration date indicated on the gift certificate or until redeemed, whichever occurs first.
- When a purchase exceeds the amount listed on the gift certificate, the redeemer is responsible for paying the difference at the time of purchase.
- A recipient may be required to show valid ID before he or she can redeem the gift certificate.
Cancellation and Expiration
- Gift certificates are valid for five years from the purchase date. A one time 15% maintenance fee is applied to unredeemed amounts or services after four years. Gift certificates are not redeemable after the expiration date indicated on the gift certificate.
- FMT reserves the right to immediately invalidate gift certificates, without notice, should it receive a credit card charge-back, returned check or other form of rejected payment made towards the gift certificate.
- FMT is not responsible for lost or stolen gift certificates. Reasonable steps are taken to verify the legitimacy of a redeemer. Upon full redemption or at the expiration date, the gift certificate is deactivated.
- FMT reserves the right to dishonor a gift certificate if it reasonably believes the redeemer stole or is otherwise not the intended beneficiary of the purchaser.
- FMT will replace a lost gift certificate if it is before its expiration date, provided the original gift certificate hasn’t been redeemed and the replacement is issued to either the original purchaser or a verifiable recipient.
- FMT reserves the right to contact gift certificate purchasers, or known recipients, to remind them of upcoming expiration dates.
Miscellaneous Terms and Conditions
- FMT reserves the right to change these GC Terms and Conditions from time to time at its sole discretion.
- Gift certificates, and these GC Terms and Conditions, are subject to and governed by the laws of Maryland (wherever service is provided and/or gift certificate is purchased), without reference to its principles of conflicts of law.
- FMT, its agents and affiliates, make no warranties, express or implied, with respect to gift certificates, including without limitation, any express or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- If any provision of these GC Terms and Conditions should, for any reason, be held invalid or unenforceable in any respect, the remainder of these GC Terms and Conditions shall be enforced to the full extent permitted by law. A court of competent jurisdiction is hereby empowered to modify the invalid or unenforceable provision to make it valid and enforceable.
10% off your first session!
Text or call 240-487-9387
New to massage?
How can massage help me?
What should I expect on my first visit?
Do I have to get undressed?
What areas of the body will be massaged?
Find answers here:
Instant Gift Certificates
Give the gift of health and relaxation. Purchase online and print or email.